D3 Character Speculation Thread

StringUmUp

Barbarian. - A given, thank you blizzard.

Witchdoctor - A Necro/Druid combination...summons, offensive magic, curses (more or less). Say what you want about him, but wall of corpses is 100% badass.

Wizard - A gender friendly version of the sorceress... with Arcane and Time magic added to the traditional elemental. I already want to make a melee Wizard that duels only inside his slow time aura...

That leaves two more classes up for grabs.

We know there will be a Bow class. It has to be male/female so we know it won't be Amazons. I could see a resurgence of the Rogue class, that would incorporate in some of the Assassin skills from LoD, hopefully utilizing claws and traps. The other option could be a Ranger - a bow class with some Druid skills, I'm really hoping for the ability to shapeshift.

For the last class - God I hope not... but I'd bet on Paladins. I'm sure they will be super gay.

Anyone else care to share their hypothesizes?

BTW - Is that King Leoric in the Wizard video?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that bastard at least 200 years old? He must have a zod rune up his ass.

Secondly, I've read a few places that blizzard said the only character they are going to repeat in D3 is the Barb, so I have a feeling we'll be getting pallys in the exp. So it could be anything, but I would expect some melee based character - so far the barb is the only one, and we know one class will be focused on ranged combat.

Secondly, I've read a few places that blizzard said the only character they are going to repeat in D3 is the Barb, so I have a feeling we'll be getting pallys in the exp. So it could be anything, but I would expect some melee based character - so far the barb is the only one, and we know one class will be focused on ranged combat.

I agree on that one. I bet they come out with a super paladin or something though. All I know is I am stoked on the release. We have all been waiting too long for this.

i think they should do something like a samurai. He could use two handed samurai swords, or use two katanas and throw ninja stars i guess. i think that would be pretty kool because i havent seen that in an RPG.

for the second character they should do some sort of vampire, with abilities to morph, hand combat, crazy life steal etc

a lycanthrope and a horse rider would be sick :(

i doubt they would do this. But it is definitely a neat idea.

i think they should do something like a samurai. He could use two handed samurai swords, or use two katanas and throw ninja stars i guess. i think that would be pretty kool because i havent seen that in an RPG.

for the second character they should do some sort of vampire, with abilities to morph, hand combat, crazy life steal etc

The vampire idea is sick.. Kind of a mix with a druid though if you think about it..

And for the samurai; that would be a good idea considering as you said we havent seen that in a RPG yet.

Maybe blizzard should take some suggestions

samurais would kill the story...

as for the oppisite of the paladin the all evil in shit.. maybe a dark knight?

yea, just as long as it doesn't in any way resemble arthas

Tormented soul touched by the evils of the three brothers, but is now fighting alongside the Heroes of Sanctuary to quell his past gods in order to seek redemption for his sins

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i might of missed it so forgive me if i did, but do you really think there wont be a cleric of some type? a healer?...... :)

diablo isnt necessarily a team game tho, a healer would be completely useless on its own >.> maybe have it a subclass of a hero >.>

paladin with healing skills is what im sure itll be. could be wrong tho, the gameplay trailers besides the char introductions are all team oriented.there will have to be a monk/healer of some kind.

• 5 weeks later...
i might of missed it so forgive me if i did, but do you really think there wont be a cleric of some type? a healer?...... :)

diablo isnt necessarily a team game tho, a healer would be completely useless on its own >.> maybe have it a subclass of a hero >.>

paladin with healing skills is what im sure itll be. could be wrong tho, the gameplay trailers besides the char introductions are all team oriented.there will have to be a monk/healer of some kind.

possibly but who would make one of those in single player mode? ...

gameplay trailers didn't look any more team oriented than d2, like the first barb trailer was just him messing shit up. It also wasn't like team cooperation, more like strength in numbers sorta thing - which doesn't really require a healer.

• 4 weeks later...

Ehhh, first of course the Ranged class, blizzard has all ways included this class in Diablo so far, so I don't see why they would quit now, if it was a "ranger" then It would be Bows Traps (not like Assassin traps that hound you when you are near, cuz their sory was they use artificial tools to "produce" magic to kill magic users. their traps would be more like, you step on marked spot and "bam" damage or effect and sense you can use the land scape to mess with monsters maybe they would be able to manipulate the surroundings as well, or set up traps that work like the falling walls ect or have a skill to better trigger off those things.

as for the other class, I think there is a good chance of a Full support like the paladin, they NEED auras to make any build work, maybe there is a char of equivalence.

I'd like to see another Shape shifter, not Like the druid that shape shifts in to a Wolf of a more or less useless bear. but instead a type of character that can Shape shift in to a demon like char, and use spells. like throwing fire balls and all sorts of Hellish spells, and another from that is more melee oriented. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...