Help with Perimiters of Circle+ Square

SainT

Its going to be the circle..

the equation of perimeter for a square is S*4

the equation for a circumference of a circle is pi*d.

So to find the area of the square you need to square a side of it.

So its S^2. So the side of the square is = to P/4, and when you square it you get P^2/16 as the area.

Then we look at the circle. To find the radius of the circle( which you need for the area since A=pi*r^2), we have to divide the circumference by pi and then half that. So the radius is = to P/(2*pi). Then we have to square it and multiply it by pi. So we get (P^2 * pi)/(4*pi^2). We then cancel out to get P^2/(4*pi).

So we have to find which one is bigger P^2/16 or P^2/4*pi, and since 1/16 is less then 1/4*pi the circle is bigger.

Its going to be the circle..

the equation of perimeter for a square is S*4

the equation for a circumference of a circle is pi*d.

So to find the area of the square you need to square a side of it.

So its S^2. So the side of the square is = to P/4, and when you square it you get P^2/16 as the area.

Then we look at the circle. To find the radius of the circle( which you need for the area since A=pi*r^2), we have to divide the circumference by pi and then half that. So the radius is = to P/(2*pi). Then we have to square it and multiply it by pi. So we get (P^2 * pi)/(4*pi^2). We then cancel out to get P^2/(4*pi).

So we have to find which one is bigger P^2/16 or P^2/4*pi, and since 1/16 is less then 1/4*pi the circle is bigger.

I actually worked this out as well my friend but you are dead on, I had a feeling you'd be replyin to this one :D