Healer/undead killer guide

First off this is an undead killer/healer paladin. Not very common on bnet. im prolly only person with a healer/undead killer paladin around on east sc nl.

+Pros:

Healing saves lives. Remember that

undead do not stand a chance, please.

act 2 = gg for you

can be somewhat dependent

team duels, always fun

-Cons:

Dependent on party.

dependent on merc

dependent on just about everything.

Stats:

str: i put 100 into str, u can get away with much less or even base. Use enough to wear heaviest gear though

Dex: Enough for max block

Vita: DUMP INTO THIS ( more later on about this )

energy: None.

Skills.

Holy bolt-20

B. Hammers- 20

Foh- 20

Prayer - 20

Holy sheild - 10

1 into all pre reqs ( including redemtion and meditation)

Why these skills?

couple reasons.

1: Healing will easly reach around 300-600. heals most people in a couple bolts.

2: meditation heals as well as mana regenerates, DOESNT HEAL MERC THO ( meditation does not)

3: holy bolt damage will do bout 9-11k damage lil more lil less depending on what you use.

4: yes 10 holy sheild. U must get max block, that is vital to this build.

Equptment.

This is equptment that i used, u can get away with less but this is just stuff i had laying around

Weapon: Hand of blessed light. Yes. You do not need much fcr for this build. 2 all pally skills some foh 4 holy bolt O_O wow. what more do you need?

Helm: Shako. can use other helms that give u +2 skills but shako is by far the best

Sheild: Hoz. Do not substitute this. You will regreat it later on. Pick a low % one. it will be worth while.

ring1: Bk or soj. i used soj

ring2: Ravenfrost or another soj, raven for cold sorb and cannot be frozen

ammy: Maras or a 2 to pally combat skills.

gloves: magefists or trangs. U need this little bit of fcr.

Armor: I used enigma but found that tele was not quick enough. Get coh. u dunt need to tele much.

bootS: So many options. Well Use silkweaves. Mana bonus,regen, what more do you want

Charms:

10x def auras if u can afford, if not thier not nessisary.

anni: not nessisary

torch: not nessisary

If you get these charms you will do WAY more damage, and healing.

Socket.

Socket anything you can with an um rune. You need the boost in resistance.

Now to get to the max block.

Why?

When have you ever died in a duel with max block? I dont very often. And more or less monsters will not hit you. Only healing you can do is to others not to you. This is why you need this max block. Simple as that

MAX VITA. Get this UP UP AND UP More vita=more life= less dieing. Simple as pie.

This is a fun build, Way different and quiet a fun new twist. I liked it i hope you all do.

you can say your one of few clerics - term for the type of pally you are - on b.net cause I have seen a few unless that was a typo. it is quite different however it really doesn't help much solo I think. old build I've seen b4. I mean you just heal ppl, big help mostly in chaos/baal runs and just to annoy other teams in duels. other than that how is it fun if your like standing there most of the time doing nothing. I've seen quite a few of these back in the days on my baal runs. this build solely depends on others really.

Knowing from experience as i have a Healing pally, i went base str goign with BP enigma. instead of going on the offense, i instead just pissed people off in pub games in team duels by letting my 3 teammates take them out while they chase me and i charge away with in inite mana.

my skills:

MAX prayer, 1 to med, max hsield, max bolt, some into defiance.

for hand of blessed light, you cast holy bolts slow so it is hard to heal people fast. i would recommend going with Hoto.. +3 skills, res, and 40% cast which MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE! also, go with a bk/soj setup, the soj gives u mana to heal, and the bk gives you life and a skill.

the rest of the guide sounds good. if people want to see my healer in action or something, incase they wanted to make one i could give them suggestions if they want.. just PM me.

edit: just to add on, besides act 2, the chaos sanctuary is EZ when you have a healadin, if it is just to kill vizer and seis, you drop them faster than a hdin usualy. infector is a different story tho lol

just my 2 cents

~Doc

i hate to break it to you but my friend's the best healer pally on USEast...i wrote the stickied guide based on his pally and he tweaked it based on his S2 Ladder healer.

But i don't really agree with doing the blessed hammers bit but that's just because i like the magic of a pure healerdin..it heals more and undead are pretty uncommon anyway so it's better to just be a party supporter. Nice idea anyway.

kinda pointless. What if no one want to party you? You have no means of attacking even the weakest people. You'd be killed by a tals sorc~.~

This build may be applicable only if you are super nice and you're following ur low lvl friend around while he is lvling so he doesnt die. Otherwise, we have pots. We dont need clerics. Juss using a full rejuv during a heart of a battle would probably equal the same effect/frustration of their part.

Now why don't you try to make a nova sorc?

kinda pointless. What if no one want to party you? You have no means of attacking even the weakest people. You'd be killed by a tals sorc~.~

This build may be applicable only if you are super nice and you're following ur low lvl friend around while he is lvling so he doesnt die. Otherwise, we have pots. We dont need clerics. Juss using a full rejuv during a heart of a battle would probably equal the same effect/frustration of their part.

Now why don't you try to make a nova sorc?

Think before you post. If you have friends you can follow them into games and just heal them. If you really want to kill stuff, slap on a grief and pk casters that way.