Political Propaganda

AXO

• Administrator
In my opinion the other candidates seem to come off as warmongers. Their resolve to stay engaged in the middle east is remarkable.

Our current Administrations involvement in the middle east is remarkable...

Disclaimer on this and any following posts: I haven't been listening to any of the potential candidates for president (yet).

• Administrator

I don't care much for politics or political discussions but I would have to assume, at this time, that Obama will retain a good deal of the younger votes that gave him success on election. The media isn't portraying the republican party members very well. The younger, liberal crowd (who is overall less involved, informed, and experienced) will back Obama if the image continues.

(I don't vote.)

I don't care much for politics or political discussions but I would have to assume, at this time, that Obama will retain a good deal of the younger votes that gave him success on election. The media isn't portraying the republican party members very well. The younger, liberal crowd (who is overall less involved, informed, and experienced) will back Obama if the image continues.

(I don't vote.)

If the economy is on the upswing around election time, Obama stays in office. If it is still in the shitter, we say hello to some GOPer.

I don't vote either and refuse to until a candidate with my values (libertarian) transcends this party system. Unfortunately, that will never happen, but I take comfort in the fact knowing it doesn't matter who gets elected as long as their are parties and congress. Plus, the government already wastes enough of my time. I don't want to waste an hour voting.

• Administrator
If the economy is on the upswing around election time, Obama stays in office. If it is still in the shitter, we say hello to some GOPer.

Well at the current rate of awesomeness we can probably say hello GOP (which I am not opposed to depending on who the candidate is).

I don't vote either and refuse to until a candidate with my values (libertarian) transcends this party system. Unfortunately, that will never happen, but I take comfort in the fact knowing it doesn't matter who gets elected as long as their are parties and congress. Plus, the government already wastes enough of my time. I don't want to waste an hour voting.

I would probably vote Libertarian if it was a viable option but unfortunately there are typically only two potential winners. I vote for the candidate that most closely represents my views that has a chance to win the election.

Could I 'voice' my opinion by not voting? Sure, but if I was going to do that I would rather vote I (or another party). If everyone who doesn't vote because they are not happy with the current political system voted for [insert proper party here] perhaps we would could be rid of the two party option we have now...

Well at the current rate of awesomeness we can probably say hello GOP (which I am not opposed to depending on who the candidate is).

I would probably vote Libertarian if it was a viable option but unfortunately there are typically only two potential winners. I vote for the candidate that most closely represents my views that has a chance to win the election.

Could I 'voice' my opinion by not voting? Sure, but if I was going to do that I would rather vote I (or another party). If everyone who doesn't vote because they are not happy with the current political system voted for [insert proper party here] perhaps we would could be rid of the two party option we have now...

That's just the thing though. I don't believe in any party. It's not a matter of uprooting the current parties, it's a matter of individuals running for their own views. I primarily identify with libertarians, but that doesn't mean each issue I view I view as a libertarian, nor does it mean I actually want to be labeled a libertarian. And it doesn't mean I should be labeled centrist or moderate leaning either. I should be considered an individual that has his set of values. The nominees for the libertarian party may be in more in line with my way of thinking, but they still had to be nominated by their party. If a true independent ran that shared my set of beliefs, I would certainly go out and vote for him or her, even if they did not have a chance of winning.

With all that said, I get a lot of shit from older people about not voting. However, I don't bitch about the state of things. I take what the country gets, its all the same crap when there is a congress composed of representatives from 49 states I can't vote in. Voting makes little difference in my eyes, unless you can prove McCain would have avoided everything Obama has done wrong.

• Administrator
I sign with Rike on this one.

Watch the 'vote or die' south park episode. Choosing between a douche and a turd is no option at all.

I cannot see myself voting at any foreseeable point.

I've seen it and it really is a good episode.

But, choosing between Obama and not Obama is a option at this point and was under McCain. Don't get me wrong McCain sucked as a candidate and I'm kind of glad he didn't get elected because we probably would have ended up with the same results. Only if McCain was in office it would be under the shroud of the Republican party, which as far as I'm concerned he should not be apart of (along with a lot of other people). The best thing Obama has done for this country is sparked people's interests in politics and made people want to watch what the government is doing.

In summation, I will be voting this coming election but unfortunately my vote is probably going to be tied to the candidate that isn't Obama. Of course if the candidate is a total dipstick (I hope this isn't the case) I will be voting I for the first time.

That's just the thing though. I don't believe in any party. It's not a matter of uprooting the current parties, it's a matter of individuals running for their own views. I primarily identify with libertarians, but that doesn't mean each issue I view I view as a libertarian, nor does it mean I actually want to be labeled a libertarian. And it doesn't mean I should be labeled centrist or moderate leaning either. I should be considered an individual that has his set of values. The nominees for the libertarian party may be in more in line with my way of thinking, but they still had to be nominated by their party. If a true independent ran that shared my set of beliefs, I would certainly go out and vote for him or her, even if they did not have a chance of winning.

With all that said, I get a lot of shit from older people about not voting. However, I don't bitch about the state of things. I take what the country gets, its all the same crap when there is a congress composed of representatives from 49 states I can't vote in. Voting makes little difference in my eyes, unless you can prove McCain would have avoided everything Obama has done wrong.

Understood and I'm okay with your stance but I am glad most people don't share your point of view. Perhaps you should get involved in your local political party and try to change things from there? If people don't come together to try to improve things nothing will ever get done. Overall, at least from my experience, you're probably better off then a lot of other 'non-voters' as you have a point of view and stand by it - congratulations for that

Speaking of voting - the polling places and ballots need work.

1. Require identification - I don't even know why there is a debate about this

2. Ballot question(s) - Weeding out the people voting strictly on party lines would probably do wonders for this country. A question as simple as "Who is our current President?" is good enough for me. You'd probably be surprised how many people would get this wrong.

3. Only allow property owners to vote for property taxes - I should not be allowed to levy a tax against another individual when I myself will not 'suffer' under the tax and they may get no benefit.

4. The list goes on...

Thoughts?

• Administrator
Thoughts?

Yups.

Vote for me and I'll save the world.

Political goals:

Heavy funding on world language!

Heavy funding on genetically favored egg and sperm pairing (Gattaca style) and children's education!

Annual male birth control shots grades 6 thru HS graduation (until my super-children get to middle school muhaha!)

Sterilization (and occasional swift execution) of convicted felons!

Vote Don!

I sign with Rike on this one.

Watch the 'vote or die' south park episode. Choosing between a douche and a turd is no option at all.

I cannot see myself voting at any foreseeable point.

I've seen it and it really is a good episode.

But, choosing between Obama and not Obama is a option at this point and was under McCain. Don't get me wrong McCain sucked as a candidate and I'm kind of glad he didn't get elected because we probably would have ended up with the same results. Only if McCain was in office it would be under the shroud of the Republican party, which as far as I'm concerned he should not be apart of (along with a lot of other people). The best thing Obama has done for this country is sparked people's interests in politics and made people want to watch what the government is doing.

In summation, I will be voting this coming election but unfortunately my vote is probably going to be tied to the candidate that isn't Obama. Of course if the candidate is a total dipstick (I hope this isn't the case) I will be voting I for the first time.

Understood and I'm okay with your stance but I am glad most people don't share your point of view. Perhaps you should get involved in your local political party and try to change things from there? If people don't come together to try to improve things nothing will ever get done. Overall, at least from my experience, you're probably better off then a lot of other 'non-voters' as you have a point of view and stand by it - congratulations for that

Speaking of voting - the polling places and ballots need work.

1. Require identification - I don't even know why there is a debate about this

2. Ballot question(s) - Weeding out the people voting strictly on party lines would probably do wonders for this country. A question as simple as "Who is our current President?" is good enough for me. You'd probably be surprised how many people would get this wrong.

3. Only allow property owners to vote for property taxes - I should not be allowed to levy a tax against another individual when I myself will not 'suffer' under the tax and they may get no benefit.

4. The list goes on...

Thoughts?

It's funny you mention that, because I've debated getting involved but I'm torn between a lack of time and a disgust with politics in general. I did debate in high school and people tell me I would make a great politician or lawyer, but I can't stand being associated with those careers even if I was one of the good ones. I'd love to be apart of a grassroots independent movement that espouses party abolition, but I don't really have the time to really get involved and make a difference.

1. Logical.

2. Definitely not. No matter how stupid, ignorant and illiterate someone is, they have the right to vote if they choose. While the country may suffer for it, you can't discriminate.

3. Agreed, but good luck enforcing it and getting requirement checks at polling stations.

• Administrator
It's funny you mention that, because I've debated getting involved but I'm torn between a lack of time and a disgust with politics in general. I did debate in high school and people tell me I would make a great politician or lawyer, but I can't stand being associated with those careers even if I was one of the good ones. I'd love to be apart of a grassroots independent movement that espouses party abolition, but I don't really have the time to really get involved and make a difference.

Understood at lack of time - it seems if I don't force myself to relax I'm always doing something...

2. Definitely not. No matter how stupid, ignorant and illiterate someone is, they have the right to vote if they choose. While the country may suffer for it, you can't discriminate.

I know :wub: