Who remembers Diablo I?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I see a lot of people complaining about D3 and its similarity to WOW.

Remember the days where Diablo II was like WTF from diablo I?

ahh.

i dont see where d3 is anything like wow. the gameplay is completely different.

only parts that are similer are the battlegrounds for pvp (pvp arenas in d3) which is a good thing. no more randoms hostiling while your trying to level.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jamblaster
I see a lot of people complaining about D3 and its similarity to WOW.

Remember the days where Diablo II was like WTF from diablo I?

ahh.

I used to play Diablo 1 for years after D2 came out and I would play it today if I could find my disk LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Personally i think Diablo 3 will be great -_- the pvp looks kind of weird tho o_o

They are making the same mistake that Guild Wars made.

No 1v1 as far as I can tell. Guild Wars was originally sold as a PvP driven game, yet they never were capable of creating a 1v1 format. Actually, the PvP format is entirely dysfunctional and has been a constantly changing and I have yet to hear a single fan of GW compliment the PvP format for many years. The developers claimed that it was impossible to have a balanced 1v1 format due to the skillbar structure.

I do not like team PvP.

I have yet to play D1. I got it with the BattleChest I bought years ago but never even installed it. I am sure it was fucking tits for its era though. That, plus the fact that I was about 5 years late getting started playing D2 online has caused me to be committed to jumping into D3 from day 1.

I played D2 for years in single player but was a late arrival on the internet (newly married with a baby and a night job- couldn't afford web access or a computer). I hear some of y'all talk about those first years and it literally makes me sick that I wasn't there. A mistake I will not repeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Diablo 2, back when it was .08 was the best time.. When SOJ's had a meaning.

When High Runes weren't even the real currency..

When Valors were like WOAH to drop.. and Cows were the way to level

Don't get me wrong, i loved running ladders etc.. but i think if i could, i'd go back to .08

agreed i liked being a noob to the game not knowing what wsg was or ibs or synching having actual duels with like gf sword and silks and sojs on a barb haha :D

• 1 month later...

Don't get me wrong, i loved running ladders etc.. but i think if i could, i'd go back to .08

couldn't have put it any better myself

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got in at the end of .08 and early .09 that was some amazing fun. CE necs, hybrid zons. I loved dueling back then because LL actually meant some thing, my zon with 400 some odd hp could hold up against paladins with 1000+ hp in Jab vs Zeal combat and still had a chance to win.

as for the WoW references, I actually had a chance to sit down and play one of the demos (it was in act 2 just before the released info on the Demon hunter class so I only had access to 4/5 of the characters) and I have to say it was pretty amazing and had a Diablo feel to it. I played every character class, some of them twice. it seemed more difficult but it may have been due to the gear programmed to start off with. I'm excited and hopeful though.

Nicely said. I agree, hybrid zons were so fun back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...